Great Ideas for Engineers Week
Engineers Week is February 19-25, 2017. Celebrate engineers and the spirit of engineering by doing a hands-on STEM project or activity with your students!
Celebrate Engineers Week with Your Students
Our updated Engineers Week collection for 2017 features some excellent choices for student engineering projects and activities at home or in the classroom. The following projects and activities are highlighted in this year's E-Week collection:
- Projectile Physics and Catapult Science
- Mechanical Science Scissor Lift
- Flippy, the Dancing Robot
- Build a Robot Hand
- Follow the Flow
- Mini Trebuchet Science
- Build a Brushbot
- Balloon-Powered Car Challenge
- Squishy Circuits: Light Up Your Play Doh@reg; Creations!
- Junkbots: Robots from Recycled Materials
- Build a Gumdrop Geodesic Dome
- Make Your Own Sorting Machine
Be sure and also explore these collections and project roundups for other inspiring ideas for K-12 STEM!
- Celebrate Engineers Week with Hands-on STEM
- Creative Science and Engineering for Kids
- Engineering Projects to Celebrate Girl Day
Learn more about Engineers Week on the DiscoverE website.
2017 Fluor Engineering Challenge
This year's Fluor Engineering Challenge opens February 19, 2017. Learn more about this year's water flow challenge on the Fluor Engineering Challenge website.
Challenge submissions will be accepted through March 17, 2017. Valid entries will be entered in a random drawing for a chance to win money for the student's school or organization.
Pin this collection: