Build your own Halloween-inspired robots as a class, after-school, or family robotics activity!
Halloween Robots! Use craft materials and creativity to build simple vibrating robots. Fun introductory robotics activity! Hands-on STEM with Science Buddies. www.sciencebuddies.org
Simple Robots Offer Multi-level Exploration
Robots can be incredibly complex and sophisticated in both design and function. But all you need to make a simple vibrating robot (a vibrobot) is a battery and a motor. With basic electronics parts in hand, students can create toothbrush-head Bristlebot robots. As shown in the photos above, toothbrush heads are optional! Students can get creative with vibrobots and explore all kinds of different materials for robot bodies, arms, and legs. How will a robot with pipe cleaner legs move compared to a robot with legs made from straws or paperclips? Put it to the test to find out!
For related introductory robotics projects and activities, see the following:
- Art Bot: Build a Wobbly Robot That Creates Art
- Build a Bristlebot, a Tiny Toothbrush Robot
- Build a Brushbot
- JunkBot: Robots from Recycled Materials
The Bristlebot Kit contains the specialty parts needed to make the kind of vibrating robots shown above, toothbrush-head Bristlebots, the ArtBot, or the BrushBot. Depending on the project or activity, you will need assorted craft materials.
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Free STEM Activities for Classroom, Remote, Hybrid, Pod Learning!
- Backyard Science: Summer of STEM (Week 10)
- Mission to Mars: Summer of STEM (Week 9)
- Strange but True: Summer of STEM (Week 8)
- Superhero Science: Summer of STEM (Week 7)
- Water Play: Summer of STEM (Week 6)
- Fireworks and Picnics: Summer of STEM (Week 5)
- Artists and Makers: Summer of STEM (Week 4)
Explore Our Science Videos
Slippery Slopes - STEM activity
Stretchy Balloons! Fun STEM Activity
Paper Roller Coasters - Fun STEM Activity!