Pumpkin Power Project
Many students doing a Veggie Power experiment use potatoes or lemons, but students can experiment with pumpkins, squash, and more!
Pumpkin Power! Explore alternative energy and electronics with the Veggie Power kit -- and a pumpkin (or other fruits and vegetables). Hands-on STEM with Science Buddies.
Pumpkin Patch Science
With Halloween just around the corner, pumpkin-based science can be a fun way to get hands-on during science class or at home. With the Veggie Power Battery kit, students can explore electricity using fruits and vegetables. Which foods work best in a Veggie Power circuit and why? How will a pumpkin compare to a potato or a lemon? Put it to the test with this science experiment!
To conduct your own Pumpkin Power experiment, use the Potato Battery: How to Turn Produce into Veggie Power! directions at Science Buddies.
Explore Energy and Electronics Science
To learn more about alternative energy and introductory circuits and electronics, see the following projects and activities at Science Buddies:
- Potato Battery: How to Turn Produce into Veggie Power!
- Generate Electricity with a Lemon Battery
- Electric Play Dough Project 1: Make Your Play Dough Light Up & Buzz!
- Make a Battery with Metal, Air, and Saltwater!
- Which Materials are the Best Conductors?
- A Battery That Makes Cents
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- 10+ Activities and Lessons to Teach Plant Science
- Explore COVID-19 and Virus Science and Health with Free STEM Activities
- Free STEM Activities for Classroom, Remote, Hybrid, Pod Learning!
- Backyard Science: Summer of STEM (Week 10)
- Mission to Mars: Summer of STEM (Week 9)
- Strange but True: Summer of STEM (Week 8)
- Superhero Science: Summer of STEM (Week 7)
- Water Play: Summer of STEM (Week 6)
Explore Our Science Videos
Toy Sailboat with Keel
4 Easy Robot Science Projects for Kids
DIY Toy Sailboat