15+ Creative Science and Engineering Projects for Kids
Pair creativity and STEM for engaging projects and activities that students can enjoy any time of the year. If your kids love DIY and "maker"-style projects, Science Buddies has plenty of options! Bookmark this list of 15+ hands-on science and engineering projects as a starting point.
Creative STEM for K-12 Students
The 15+ projects and activities below blend creative thinking, craft, DIY, innovation, and hands-on science. These are just a few of the many creative science projects at Science Buddies!
- Build a Bathtub Toy Raft Powered by Surface Tension
- Build a Brushbot
- Build a Motion-Activated Guard Robot (BlueBot Project #1)
- Build a Paper Speaker
- Build a Speedy Light-Tracking Robot (BlueBot Project #2)
- Build a Zippy Line-following Robot (BlueBot Project #3)
- Build an Obstacle-Avoiding Robot (BlueBot Project #4)
- Electric Paint: Light Up Your Painting
- Explore Optical Illusions: Build an Infinity Mirror
- Flippy, the Dancing Robot
- Grasping with Straws: Make a Robot Hand Using Drinking Straws
- How to Make the Boldest, Brightest Tie-Dye!
- Interactive Art: Build Statues That Come Alive When They See You
- Kaleidoscope Science
- LED Dance Glove: Get the Party Started with Your Own Interactive Light Show
- Make a Homemade Compass
- Make a Paper Circuit
- Make Tie-Dye T-shirts with Permanent Markers
- Make Your Own Markers
- Squishy Circuits Project 3: Make a 3D Play Dough Sculpture
- Shaping Hard-boiled Eggs
- Starry Night: Art that Changes in the Dark
- The Pixel Puzzle: Why Video Game Characters Look Better Today
- Tiling with Spidrons
Pin this collection:
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Rocket Science Activities
- 5 Summer Science Picks for Independence Day!
- Simple Science Activities with Cardboard Tubes
- 10 Fun Wintry Science Activities
- Make some noise with three new science activities!
- Nine creative science projects to make and give!
- Food Science Projects
- 11 Launch and Catapult Science Projects
Explore Our Science Videos
5 Easy Fizzing & Foaming Science Projects
Flower Dissection - STEM Activity
Lift Ice with Yarn STEM activity