Creative Science and Engineering for Kids
Pair creativity and STEM for engaging projects and activities that students can enjoy any time of the year. If your kids love DIY and "maker"-style projects, Science Buddies has plenty of options!
Creative STEM for K-12 StudentsThe projects and activities below blend creative thinking, craft, DIY, innovation, and hands-on science. These are just a few of the many creative science projects at Science Buddies!
- Build a Bathtub Toy Raft Powered by Surface Tension
- Build a Brushbot
- Build a Motion-Activated Guard Robot (BlueBot Project #1)
- Build a Paper Speaker
- Build a Speedy Light-Tracking Robot (BlueBot Project #2)
- Build a Zippy Line-following Robot (BlueBot Project #3)
- Build an Obstacle-Avoiding Robot (BlueBot Project #4)
- Electric Paint: Light Up Your Painting
- Explore Optical Illusions: Build an Infinity Mirror
- Flippy, the Dancing Robot
- Grasping with Straws: Make a Robot Hand Using Drinking Straws
- How to Make the Boldest, Brightest Tie-Dye!
- Interactive Art: Build Statues That Come Alive When They See You
- Kaleidoscope Science
- LED Dance Glove: Get the Party Started with Your Own Interactive Light Show
- Make a Homemade Compass
- Make a Paper Circuit
- Make Tie-Dye T-shirts with Permanent Markers
- Make Your Own Markers
- Squishy Circuits Project 3: Make a 3D Play Dough Sculpture
- Shaping Hard-boiled Eggs
- Starry Night: Art that Changes in the Dark
- The Pixel Puzzle: Why Video Game Characters Look Better Today
- Tiling with Spidrons
Science Buddies Summer STEM Camp for Creative KidsScience Buddies Online Summer Camp is open! Kids can sign up at any time and visit camp through August 5, 2016. Campers will explore robotics programming with the BlueBot 4-in-1 Robotics Kit or computer programming and electronics with the Raspberry Pi Projects Kit.
Science Buddies Summer Camp makes it easy to keep kids engaged with STEM all summer long—no matter what else you have scheduled. (Once registered, Campers can log in as often as they wish and whenever is convenient.)
Pin this collection: