3 STEM Projects for Valentine's Day
Put Valentine's Day-themed candies to use in science class with one of these fun hands-on STEM activities.
Conversation hearts, candies, and a robot that delivers!
It is easy to give a Valentine's Day spin to hands-on science and engineering activities with students. Candies in Valentine's Day colors work well for a range of science projects, and many engineering projects can be recast for Valentine's Day by making colored papers, tape, and craft materials available. For liquid-based projects, add a few drops of red or pink food coloring to add Valentine's spirit.
Three STEM Projects for Valentine's Day
Plan ahead for a fun Valentine-themed science exploration with one of these science and engineering activities:
See These STEM Activities in Action
The videos below demonstrate these science activities. If it isn't possible to get hands-on with these STEM activities next week, viewing and discussing the videos can still bring a bit of Valentine's Day into your STEM conversations! (Tip! Google Classroom teachers can assign this post for each access to the three videos.)
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Art Experiments for Science Class
- 12 Paper STEM Activities!
- Teach About Newton's Laws of Motion
- Star Wars STEM Activities for May the 4th Be With You Science
- Paper Chromatography Science Projects & Experiments
- 20+ Earth Day Science Experiments and Activities
- Teach About Robotics with Free STEM Lessons & Activities
- Science Fair Projects to Explore the Science Behind Self-Driving Cars