Holiday STEAM Projects to Make and Give
These 10 projects combine creativity, science, and engineering for STEAM gifts students can make to keep or to give!
Science Projects to Keep or Give
Do your students like to do projects that give them a take-away at the end? Whether they finish with something to use or to display, many students especially enjoy projects that result in a finished product they can display, keep, or share.
Try One of These 10 Creative STEM Projects
These STEM projects and activities combine creative "making" with hands-on science and engineering. With these projects, students will be learning, exploring, and practicing important STEM concepts while creating colorful, unique, and custom items they can keep or give away!
- Make Marbled Cards Using Science!: use food coloring to fit the season for these easy-to-make marbled cards.
- Making Homemade Bath Bombs: bath bombs are fun to make and fun to use.
- Make a Paper Circuit: see our holiday-inspired greeting card version.
- How to Grow the Best Crystals: experiment with changing the shapes and colors of the crystals you make.
- Turn Milk into Plastic: make special beads or small sculptures from milk plastic.
- Build a Bird Feeder to Study Birds: a bird feeder can be used at any time of the year in a backyard.
- Make Tie-Dye T-shirts with Permanent Markers: see our seasonal ornament version.
- LED Dance Glove: see our patch example to get inspired about ways to turn wearable electronics into a unique personalized gift.
- Cosmetic Science: Testing Lip Balm Recipes: make your own custom lip balm formula.
- Design a Cell Phone Stand: design a functional cell phone stand with simple materials.
More STEM Fun for the Holidays
For additional hands-on STEM inspiration, see the following examples of science projects that students can do with the holidays in mind:
- Light Up Your Creativity with Electric Play Dough
- A Water Sensor Circuit for the Tree
- Light Up the Season with Computer Science Exploration
Share Your Science Buddies Story!
Have you used a science project, STEM activity, or Lesson Plan from Science Buddies in your class or program? We would love to hear your story! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us how you use Science Buddies with students.
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
Explore Our Science Videos
DIY Glitter Surprise Package with a Simple Circuit
How to Make Elephant Toothpaste
Flower Dissection - STEM Activity