Build Fun Robots with Students
Encourage students to explore robotics with a guided, hands-on project or activity. Science Buddies has projects, activities, Lesson Plans, and convenient kits that make it easy to do robotics with students.
Student Robotics Projects and Activities
Science Buddies has projects at all levels for student robotics. See our Bring Robotics to the Classroom for National Robotics Week post for more information about moving from introductory explorations to more advanced projects.
The following Science Buddies projects and activities are highlighted in the robotics projects collection image above:
- Art Bot
- Light-Tracking Bristlebot
- Motion-Activated Guard Robot
- Racing Bristlebots (Lesson Plan available!)
- Solar-Powered Bristlebot
- Flippy, the Dancing Robot
- Speedy Light-Tracking Robot
- Zippy Line-following Robot
- Obstacle-Avoiding Robot
- Junkbots (Lesson Plan available!)
Additional Resources for K-12 Robotics Exploration
- Bring Robotics to the Classroom for National Robotics Week
- Celebrate National Robotics Week with Student Robotics
- How to Do Robotics at Home with Your Kids
- Four Fun Builds in One BlueBot Robotics Kit!
- Flippy the Robot Dances (and Falls Apart)
- Build a BlueBot Over Break
- Build a BlueBot Guard Robot
- The Obstacle-Avoiding BlueBot
- Exploring Circuits with ArtBots: A Classroom Success Story
Have your students done one of these robotics projects in class? We would love to hear about your experience teaching and leading robotics activities with students. If you are interested in sharing your story, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pin this collection: