Spring Break Science: STEM at Home
STEM activities are a great idea for Spring Break. Fun, hands-on science activities can be done together as family activities or as individual explorations. Check our Spring Break collection for suggestions.
With more than 1,100 free science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) projects and activities, picking just a few to suggest for Spring Break isn't easy! We've collected some fun favorites and some awesome new STEM activities to inspire you and your kids to do science over the break. For even more exciting science ideas, check our Spring Break collections from previous years, too!
Spring Break Science Collection
- Make a Milk Rainbow
- Kaleidoscope Science
- Exploring Nanotechnology: Fold, Roll, & Stack Your Way to Super-Strong Materials
- Bubbly Soda Science
- Boba Spherification
- Colorful Sharpie Tie-Dye Science
- Build a Motion-Activated Guard Robot (BlueBot Project #1)
- Creative Paper Circuits with Copper Tape
- Squishy Circuits: Light Up Your Play Doh® Creations!
- Make Your Own Markers
- Flippy the Robot
- Create Your Own Durable Paper Doll
- Phone Book Friction
- Turn Milk into Plastic
- Oobleck: A Recipe for a Crazy Colloid
- Abracadabra! Transforming Yogurt into 'Ravioli'
- Shaping Hard-boiled Eggs
- Electric Paint: Light Up Your PaintingCreative Paper Circuits with Copper Tape
- Music for Martians: Build and Play a Theremin Instrument
- Balloon-Powered Car Challenge
- How Does a Hovercraft Hover?
- Art Bot: Build a Wobbly Robot That Creates Art
- Build a Paper Speaker
- Taste Bud Science
- Launching Homemade Baking Soda Rockets
- Frisbee Science
- How Much Weight Can Aluminum Foil Boats Float?
- Dye Eggs Using Silk Ties for Egg-cellent Colors
- Slime Chemistry
More Great "Break" Collections
- Fun Science at Home: Give Spring Break a Science Boost
- Spring Break Science: A Hands-on Project Survival Guide
- STEM Activities for Kids
- Weekly Family Activity Spotlight
- Home Science in Action
- Fun Science Picks for Winter Break
- A Super Science-filled Summer Break
Pin this collection:
You Might Also Enjoy These Related Posts:
- Student Discovers Green Thumb Growing Plants without Water
- Elementary School Student Finds Science Fair Success
- 10 Projects to Get Started Building Circuits on a Breadboard!
- Students Race to the Finish with Solar Sprint Cars
- Explore Crater Science to Celebrate Moon Landing Anniversary
- STEM is for Everyone: Temple Grandin, Animal Scientist with Autism
- 5 STEM Activities with Marshmallow Peeps
- 16 Women in Engineering to Learn More About
Explore Our Science Videos
Slippery Slopes - STEM activity
Stretchy Balloons! Fun STEM Activity
Paper Roller Coasters - Fun STEM Activity!